January 21, 2024 - Mark 1:14-20

 Leaving our Nets Behind

This Sunday I'll be preaching from Mark 1:14-20.  This is the passage where Jesus calls his first disciples. We'll explore how Simon, Andrew, James, and John responded so radically to Christ's invitation to follow him, leaving behind their careers, livelihoods and even family.

What was it about Jesus that so captivated them? As we enter a new year, I believe that God is still calling ordinary people like you and me to leave lesser securities behind and embrace fuller life in Christ. What "nets" in your life might God be asking you to lay down in 2024 to follow Jesus more completely? As you study this text, listen for how God may be prompting you to new horizons of faith, purpose, or intimacy with God.

Let's fix our eyes on Christ, the pioneer and perfecter of faith, finding fresh courage to step out of the boat with him in the year ahead. I look forward to exploring this passage together on Sunday!

Blessings,

Pastor Paul

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 10, 2023 - Luke 2:4-5

JUly 4, 2023 - Happy In-Dependence Day

May 28, 2023 - Acts 2:1-21